THIS BLOG IS MY BLOG. THIS BLOG IS MY BLOG. Welcome to the Home of Hyperopia.: Bully for you, Land's End

Friday, July 08, 2005

Bully for you, Land's End

In this second post I would like to give a tenative thumbs-up to Land's End for their customer service. Over the past 18 months, I've ordered 5 pairs of wool slacks from Land's End. The seam of the legs of three of the pairs of pants have started to split a little right where the front pocket connects to the seam. (FWIW, I am reasonably confident this is not due to my physical form putting undue pressure on the seam. I am borderline svelte.)

So I called them.

Without asking too many questions, their customer service lady (Carol) said why don't I just take the pants to a tailor and then call them up and tell them how much it cost to fix and they'll reimburse me. I think this is an acceptable outcome. I would prefer, of course, to have zero hassle associated with the pants (i.e., it would've been best if the seam didn't split). But not having to hassle with sending the pants to them and so forth is a considerable improvement over scenarios I had imagined.

Anyway, the thumbs-up is tenative because I don't yet have the reimbursement in my sweaty palms. Stay tuned.

Until the verdict is in, I remain ...

The Poster

2 Comments:

Blogger garrett said...

I'm not taking orders from you, Phineas. I liked that old one better too.

3:00 PM, July 08, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Call the fire department this one's out of control!

11:23 AM, July 20, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home