THIS BLOG IS MY BLOG. THIS BLOG IS MY BLOG. Welcome to the Home of Hyperopia.: On Harvey & Eck - DAY SEVEN

Sunday, January 29, 2006

On Harvey & Eck - DAY SEVEN


OK. Now we're really getting somewhere. This book is getting good. This book is getting interesting. None of the mysteries have been resolved, but I am getting anxious to see what happens next. I am getting interested to see what happens to these people. I am getting too anxious and too interested for my own good, in fact (my right foot is still asleep, several minutes after I got up from where I do my reading to come over here to do my typing).

I've reproduced my favorite sentence (for personal and selfish reasons; I've been planning a blog entry myself on this theme and I am hoping to discover the truth of this statement over the succeeding decades) from this last big bit of reading at the bullet point below. The context is one of the penpals is writing to the other penpal about marriage. And matters known and unknown.
    • I know nothing of its nuances, except that, if properly managed, matrimony is not a trap but a spiritual bond that strengthens its participants.

Hear, hear Erin. Nicely said.

Photo credits: here

4 Comments:

Blogger FLAMINGO1 said...

Eck said that, didn't he?

You clearly identify with Eck. I can sense it.

I, on the other hand, feel much more compassion and understanding for Harvey. I empathize with her desperation.

9:58 AM, January 30, 2006  
Blogger garrett said...

No comment.

Although I would say that given your wildly sexy blog personality, your preferred protagonist does not surprise ...

You slut!

10:21 AM, January 30, 2006  
Blogger Erin O'Brien said...

Gentlemen, gentlemen, please! Curtail your sharp language!

Allow me to enjoy the gentle warmth coming I feel coming from this site.

2:17 PM, January 30, 2006  
Blogger PDD said...

Pinky is the slut I have always wanted.

I love the character Eck. He is fun, quirky, straight and logical and most of all he writes damn well. But I would have to agree with Pinky on empathizing with Harvey's desperation. Garrett, when one has a very strong and potent libido, even God would have to empathize.

8:25 AM, January 31, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home