THIS BLOG IS MY BLOG. THIS BLOG IS MY BLOG. Welcome to the Home of Hyperopia.: On Harvey & Eck - Part 2 (plus a little HNT)

Thursday, January 12, 2006

On Harvey & Eck - Part 2 (plus a little HNT)

SUBTITLE #1: The Erstwhile Critic at Work...

SUBTITLE #2:

HARVEY & ECK
plus
HALF NAKED THURSDAY
equals

CRAZY DELICIOUS
(yes, that's a hyperlink to the
SNL Chronicles of Narnia rap;
go ahead and click it.)

SUBTITLE #3: Taking rhythmic flatulence to the next level.

*********
You see, Erin O'Brien was telling the truth. The book I am privileged to have won and to have received was in fact contained in the package wrapped with the red ribbon. It wasn't stacks of hundred dollar bills sent to buy my votes. And after I recovered from my disappointment, I started reading it almost immediately. And I was engrossed. The prose comes at you so fast and so furious. It is really something. It is a book that is difficult to put down. The first hour or two after I opened the package, I read it everywhere I went. Exhibit A to support this assertion is pictured below. But don't take my word for it.

Buy a copy for yourself by clicking ... HERE.

I haven't finished it yet, so this entry is not my review. But I wanted to assure Erin that I was working on it. Progress is being made. And this reviewer is not disappointed. Yet. In fact, so far reading this book has been a very moving experience.

* * * * * * * * * * * * *

[THIS PHOTO DELETED TEMPORARILY.]

15 Comments:

Blogger PDD said...

I've always pictured you to look like that, Garrett.

I wanted to say some murmurs myself, but I thought perhaps it wasn't appropriate before the review.

Since you have spoken so bluntly, and shown yourself to be the true sexy god that you are, I will say that I finished reading the book yesterday evening. I was bawling like a baby. I truly was. When the tears dried, I found it hard to move my face. And when I flexed the muscles in my face, you could almost hear it crackle.

I loved the book so much. I don't want to say anything further until I complete my review. However, I would like to add one little thing before I sign off: I really think this book needs to be in bookstores. If it has to be in cyberspace, fine. But it should be in the bookstores as well.

This is a preliminary announcement on my part: If anyone feels as though they could do something, like say, help bring this book on wooden shelves, then I suggest they do. Whatever it is, as implausable as it may seem, act on it, and see what you could do.

Erin's prose are as fabulous as she is. She is an author who is definately worthy of widespread acknowledgement. I truly mean that.

(I guess I've said too much before the review)

8:55 AM, January 12, 2006  
Blogger Velvet Fog said...

I think we'd all like to see a little more beef with the cake.

2:28 PM, January 12, 2006  
Blogger bon said...

oh my!

and PDD? Why stop at bookstores? I think this book should be in Libraries! Why should only those who are cyber-skilled and financed read this?

2:47 PM, January 12, 2006  
Blogger PDD said...

Yes Bon, Libraries also. I have already thought about the Library thing before. I thought if the book could make it to wooden shelves, Libraries would inevitably follow.

3:18 PM, January 12, 2006  
Blogger FLAMINGO1 said...

It's 10:30 p.m.

I am alone with Garrett's picture.

Time to rub one out.

11:26 PM, January 12, 2006  
Blogger crallspace said...

Sure... the book... looks.. intriguing.

Is it too a sign of the apocalypse?

1:17 AM, January 13, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gay.

9:31 AM, January 13, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dant Dant Dant

9:51 AM, January 13, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm tired of all these Texans with their Texican lies.

11:06 AM, January 13, 2006  
Blogger garrett said...

This is almost too much, George's Girl. I have iTunes spinning all 528 of the songs on this computer randomly. As soon as your comment quoting the song popped up in my email, the song popped up on my computer. Are you living in the wires? Who is that behind me?

Creepy, dude.

P.S.
George wants her Stephanopoulos bad.

11:09 AM, January 13, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well thats too damn bad pendejo, I only date Mexican guys.

11:35 AM, January 13, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

WE LOVE IT!
WE LOVE IT
WE LOVE IT

11:37 AM, January 13, 2006  
Blogger Erin O'Brien said...

Goddamn.

Why are the anonymous guys and that george chick stealing all my press?

To hell with that gay stuff. Believe me, people, I am stacked. Julie Newmar's got nothing on me. I am a drag queen's worst nightmare!

It's about me, I tell you. Me, me, me!

3:05 PM, January 13, 2006  
Blogger FLAMINGO1 said...

Erin, I rubbed one out to you several weeks ago - following your HNT post.

Nice!

Even TT, the Mormon, would agree that more nudity is better than less nudity.

12:02 AM, January 14, 2006  
Blogger Erin O'Brien said...

Although I'm not exactly sure what rubbing one out entails, I have a fairly good idea.

So, erm ... thanks Flamingo (I think).

2:56 AM, January 14, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home