THIS BLOG IS MY BLOG. THIS BLOG IS MY BLOG. Welcome to the Home of Hyperopia.: On Baseball - Part 1

Thursday, February 09, 2006

On Baseball - Part 1


As the grapefruit baseball season approaches, I am trying to decide which team will be my favorite this year. It is so difficult to pick a horse, so to speak, without knowing how the team's won-loss records are going to look at the end of the campaign. So I think I'll defer that choice for now.

But, regarding baseball I do have this observation to share:
  • When a person says, of a baseball player who has not had any of his at-bats end in outs or in reaching base on a fielder's choice or error, that such a player is "batting a thousand," that is just simply an incorrect statement. The player has a batting average of 1.000. That is ONE, not "a thousand."

Given this alarming bit of mis-information, it is no wonder kids these days are having so much trouble with numbers.

Photo credits: here

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'll wait till the end of the year and root for whoever is ahead.

Jack and cokes all around

2:08 PM, February 10, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home