THIS BLOG IS MY BLOG. THIS BLOG IS MY BLOG. Welcome to the Home of Hyperopia.: On When The Lights Go Out On The West Loop South

Monday, October 01, 2007

On When The Lights Go Out On The West Loop South

So we moved to our new offices over the weekend. Today is the first day at my new desk. The lights in here have that feature where they turn off if you don't move around or no one visits you for a pre-programmed period of time (I'm guessing it's in the thirty minute range). Because I am such a diligent employee, the lights have been turning off on me all the time. Leaving me in this circumstance:



And, of course, the sensor that is in the light switch to detect motion is far less sensitive than the one Ben Kingsley had in that office of his in this movie where he had the shark in the aquarium in the complex with the software that recognized the voices of the tenants in order for people to get past the security desk:



To get the lights to come back on I have to get up out of my chair and move most of the way over around my desk to the spot in the room where the light switch is fastened to the wall.

On my way over there I wave my arms around vigorously.

Sometimes that helps.

2 Comments:

Blogger Velvet Fog said...

Good stuff.
Sneakers.
Crikey.
Mom!
The Meatloaf! We Want it Now!

10:22 AM, October 03, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm not picking up what you are laying down.

9:39 AM, October 12, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home