THIS BLOG IS MY BLOG. THIS BLOG IS MY BLOG. Welcome to the Home of Hyperopia.: MY "BAILOUT" LETTER TO SENATOR JOHN CORNYN

Saturday, September 27, 2008

MY "BAILOUT" LETTER TO SENATOR JOHN CORNYN

I sent the following to Senator John Cornyn a few minute ago. That's him on the left in the photo below.



I'm sure this letter will make all the difference (especially given my recommendation that he and his staff speak to Ron Paul if they don't already know the truth about what's afoot (and given I think President Bush considers him a pretty reliable legislator)).

+++++++++++++++++++++++

Senator Cornyn:

I am sending you a note to let you know that I am strongly opposed to the "bailout" proposed by President Bush's administration.

The most important reason that I am opposed to it -- and the best reason for you to be opposed to it as well -- is that it simply will not work. The "bailout" will not improve the economic condition of Americans (except bankers, etc. who are guilty of the malfeasance and errors that created the problem in the first place). More monetary gimmicks (inflation) will not cure the ills wrought by the monetary gimmicks (inflation). If you are unsure about this, please ask (or ask your staff to ask) Congressman Ron Paul for help (he knows the truth about these issues backwards and forwards).

The "bailout" is also immoral -- a direct theft of wealth from one group of people (people who save money and pay their bills and otherwise aren't involved in the "financial crisis" beyond being at risk of the federal government plundering them: people like me) to another group of people (people who took full advantage of the Federal Reserve system on the way up and who are looking to be protected from the folly of their decisions on the way down: the bankers and financiers).

I hope you will vote against any proposed bailout.

I am a registered Republican living in the state of Texas.

This is a "make or break" issue for me.

Thanks for your time and service.

Garrett

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home