THIS BLOG IS MY BLOG. THIS BLOG IS MY BLOG. Welcome to the Home of Hyperopia.: It's all about the Benjamin (Franklin)

Monday, July 11, 2005

It's all about the Benjamin (Franklin)


I laughed out loud (OK, I chuckled out loud) when I read this Benjamin Franklin quote tonight.

  • He that would live in peace and at ease, must not speak all he knows nor judge all he sees.

-- Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790)


I laughed because (1) I've been telling myself for a couple of years now that I would like to live in peace and at ease, (2) I just started this weblog, which, if the quote is accurate, quite clearly offers me the means to fail to achieve said peace and ease, and (3) wise counsel I have received (and, candidly, paid for) encouraged me to stop precisely the manner of sharing in which I'm likely to indulge in this weblog. To date, I just can't help myself. But it's nice to be able to amuse oneself, isn't it? My consolation is that at least I'm now able to recognize that/when I'm drifting off course.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Franklin also said:
Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.

3:36 PM, July 18, 2005  
Blogger garrett said...

Is beer alive?

9:12 PM, July 19, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love me some waffle cones. and Beer

9:46 AM, July 20, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

When I was 17, I drank some very good beer. I drank some very good beer I purchased, with a fake ID. My name was Brian McGee, I stayed up listening to queen, when I was 17

11:18 AM, July 20, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home