THIS BLOG IS MY BLOG. THIS BLOG IS MY BLOG. Welcome to the Home of Hyperopia.: On Distances, Scrutinized - Part 1

Wednesday, August 23, 2006

On Distances, Scrutinized - Part 1

When I am thinking hard about something, I like to look out of a window. I like to stare into the distance. I like to scrutinize the distance. From an office on a floor numbered in the double digits is appreciated.


Of course, that may not be the right word. Scrutinize. Since when I'm thinking hard about something, I'm not really seeing what's out there in the distance. Too much of my brain is consumed on rolling over whatever it is I'm thinking hard about and trying to look at it from a bunch of different perspectives for the part of my brain that talks to my eyes and reports off what light in front of them is reflected to communicate effectively.

I am fairly proud of the immediately preceding sentence, by the way. I like its construction.

Comments?

Photo Credits: here.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That was hilarious. I was thinking the exact same thing, while absorbing that Uniquely U constructed sentence.

And yes, Velvet Fog, if that's not his actual view ... it's pretty darn close. Up there in that eagle's nest of his.

11:20 PM, August 24, 2006  
Blogger garrett said...

Phineas/Anon: Nah, that's not my actual view. That is a photograph taken by an artist. I'm so hopped up most of the time on Mountain Dew no way could I hold my hands that steady.

I do have a nice view, though. I can see a steeple or two.

11:59 AM, August 27, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home