THIS BLOG IS MY BLOG. THIS BLOG IS MY BLOG. Welcome to the Home of Hyperopia.: On Being Gifted - Part 1

Saturday, December 16, 2006

On Being Gifted - Part 1


So back when I was a child I got gifted. Especially at Christmas. And on my birthdays. Just like my children get super gifted now on their birthdays and at Christmas.

One of my gifts I remember most vividly was a slot-car race track kind of like this one pictured here. I got it for Christmas when I was 8, or thereabouts. Except the one I got was smaller. And it had motorcycles for the vehicles instead of cars.

Boy, I loved that thing. At least initially.

I played with it for several hours immediately after I got it.

Now of course I have no memory whatsoever what happened to it. So the question for today is what happened to all the toys and junk I got for gifts all those years? I cared about it a lot. It was something I desperately wanted and looked at in catalogs (I loved those Sears and JC Penney catalogs, they always had tons of slot car racing tracks in them and I always desperately wanted one of the really long ones). Then I got one and I loved it. And now I can't remember anything about it except that I played with a lot on Christmas day and that one of the motorcycles was red.

I suppose I broke it at some point and threw it away.

Either that or I quit using it and my parents sold it at a garage sale.

I'm going to buy another one of those at some point.

Maybe one of the big ones this time.

1 Comments:

Blogger PDD said...

I used to love boy toys as opposed to girl toys. I had two cousins who lived next door to me in my very early years of growing up. I used to always play with their toys. I wonder if my love for boy toys was really not a love at all, and just the simple fact that they were toys instead of clothes and bath towels, which my parents and grandmother always got me. (They are and were, my grandmother's dead now, very practical. Perhaps that is because they were very very poor in Italy before they immigrated to Canada.) At any rate, I enjoyed playing boy toys. And of course, I enjoy being a boy toy, but only this time it's with one boy - my outrageously handsome husband.

By the way, do you like lingerie?

11:54 PM, December 17, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home