THIS BLOG IS MY BLOG. THIS BLOG IS MY BLOG. Welcome to the Home of Hyperopia.: HEARKEN BACK WITH ME TO AN OLDEN TIME...

Wednesday, March 22, 2006

HEARKEN BACK WITH ME TO AN OLDEN TIME...


Time for a new poll.

Which of these is not a line from Lonesome Dove?
A man that rents pigs can't be stopped.
The Velvet Fog is a bizarre, troubled individual but I happen to know he has a good excuse.
You must be a man of vision.
I 'spect you been up all night reading the Good Book.
Loan me two dollars, Gus.
Free polls from Pollhost.com

3 Comments:

Blogger PDD said...

I vote. I am a voter. Thats what I do.

10:29 PM, March 22, 2006  
Blogger garrett said...

Seriously.

12:58 AM, March 23, 2006  
Blogger garrett said...

I think that's a line from the book or the movie. Or close to a line from the book or the movie.

I confess I guessed at the quote.

But the scene I was remembering is the scene where Dish is outside of the saloon after playing cards with Lori (sp?) and Gus in the very early part of the story before they leave Lonesome Dove and even before Jake Spoon shows up. Dish is begging Gus for two dollars to go back in and have a turn with Lori.

Phineas Fogg - am I right?

10:01 AM, March 23, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home