THIS BLOG IS MY BLOG. THIS BLOG IS MY BLOG. Welcome to the Home of Hyperopia.: On the End of an Era - Part 2

Saturday, January 06, 2007

On the End of an Era - Part 2

Following up on the announcement of my recent sale of the Golden Beauty, we traded in my wife's 1998 Dodge Grand Caravan Sport (with a spoiler - totally rad) on December 30. For a 2003 Honda Pilot remarkably like that pictured below.



Now, for the first time in our lives as car owners, neither of us are driving a vehicle that is more than five years old. I go out the parking lot, I can't find my car. I look in the mirror, I don't even recognize myself. I recently changed my middle name to "Huxley."

In other more important news, the new ride is named Pilot, but it doesn't have a compass.

What cruel irony.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I recently celebrated the 8th anniversary of the purchase of my 1995 Nissan Maxima. I've personally put well over 100,000 miles on the car.

It used to be white, but now is more of a road-grime gray.

It doesn't always start, I have to keep jumper cables handy.

Thanks to an old friend, there is a cigarette burn in the headliner from a fun night out on Grand Ave. in St. Paul.

The left front quarter panel is loose, and starting to rust.

The trunk is full of "Hagenow for Recorder" yard signs that I'm too lazy to get rid of.

2:28 PM, January 06, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home