THIS BLOG IS MY BLOG. THIS BLOG IS MY BLOG. Welcome to the Home of Hyperopia.: On Nomenclature - Part 1

Sunday, November 04, 2007

On Nomenclature - Part 1

Is algebra arithmetic?



I don't remember what kinds of grades I got in algebra in junior high, but I don't think they were that great. Now that the other month I learned how a "=" could really open up microsoft excel, I find myself thinking from time to time that I wish I was better at algebra.

I think I saw somewhere that Warren Buffett talked about algebra once. I recall that he said that algebra is really all the math most people need to know. But that it is very important to be facile with algebra. Having just spent too long figuring out how to calculate a gross purchase price from an assumed implied valuation, I agree with him.

2 Comments:

Blogger Velvet Fog said...

I bet Warren Buffet talked about algebra more than ONCE. C'mon man.

2:43 PM, November 05, 2007  
Blogger garrett said...

If that's so, then my source was misinformed. Thanks for your thought.

2:30 PM, November 06, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home