THIS BLOG IS MY BLOG. THIS BLOG IS MY BLOG. Welcome to the Home of Hyperopia.: On Favorite Songs, Suddenly Remembered.

Tuesday, August 23, 2005

On Favorite Songs, Suddenly Remembered.



What a wonderful day. I just remembered how much I love to listen to the song I Remember Me by the Silver Jews. A friend emailed it to me shortly after the album was released. I listened to it over and over and over and over again in the dark days prior to iTunes becoming popular. And the tech guys deleted all my mp3 files during an upgrade of our computers here at the office. And I didn't remember that song until just this morning. And then in a sudden flash I realized I had this ache from missing listening to a song that that friend had shared with me. So I called him up. And together we figured out what song it was. And I promptly invested $0.99 at my friendly neighborhood iTunes and have been listening to that song over and over again ever since. What a wonderful day!

  • Incidentally, my favorite line in the song is the line about "the sunshine walking inside" the woman. What a great line. What a great image.

p.s. Yes, I know that $0.99 compounded at 15% for 40 years is $265.18. Today, it was worth it. I remember you .... and I remember me .... sing sing sing!

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, lets have at it then.
C'mon come across Pogue.

10:17 AM, August 23, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh yeah, never mind.
I'm gonna love the hell out of you.

10:19 AM, August 23, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thats not horrible.

Don't you hate it when folks say Belgium waffle. I mean, what the hell. When I'm in a restaurant, and I overhear someone say something along the lines of: "I'll have the Belgium waffle", I want to walk over and shove a fork up that idiots nose, and then take a nice warm whizz on him or her.

10:24 AM, August 23, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

creepy, dude ...

10:24 AM, August 23, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Instead of a nice warm whizz, try maple syrup or some nice strawberries. Much more refreshing and they are in season.

You sir are the creepy one.

12:20 PM, August 23, 2005  
Blogger Velvet Fog said...

Or, instead you could simply draw a map of Hawaii on their pancakes.
That would get the point across nicely, and you've just helped someone learn some geography!

12:23 PM, August 23, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Forks are so over rated

2:21 PM, August 23, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Stella Artois is for girls.

2:22 PM, August 23, 2005  
Blogger garrett said...

I drank my first Stella Artois this past weekend, and I'll have you know, I thought it was very tasty and not at all feminine.

2:41 PM, August 24, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

creepy dude

3:33 PM, August 24, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home