THIS BLOG IS MY BLOG. THIS BLOG IS MY BLOG. Welcome to the Home of Hyperopia.: On the Shapes of Pools - Part 1

Friday, January 06, 2006

On the Shapes of Pools - Part 1


Speaking of cute stuff done by children (and mine in particular), we are buying a new house in Kingwood, Texas. We'll be moving next month. The house has a private pool. We are very excited about it. Even my oldest daughter (almost four years old).

Except ...

That she is disappointed about the shape of the pool. Several months ago she shared with us her ambition that our next house have an "L" shaped pool (as pictured). Well, our house has what is currently fashionable in pool design - shaped like a kidney. She commented on it. To my amusement. We were a little concerned she would be so upset about it she wouldn't want us to buy the house. But luckily her future room has a cute little porthole type window, so that was compensation enough for the pool-shape failings...

10 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

Congrats on the new house. Moving sucks.

How about some photos of the new place?

11:38 PM, January 05, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, if a blog is the best way to get information, I'll use it! Let us know more

11:47 PM, January 05, 2006  
Blogger Velvet Fog said...

You should have shaped your pool like a pacific island chain.
That would be gnarly.

10:01 AM, January 06, 2006  
Blogger FLAMINGO1 said...

I want to kick you in the nuts.

Congrats on the new house with the pool. Get a cabana boy. I was lost before we got Marquez!

3:10 PM, January 06, 2006  
Blogger Erin O'Brien said...

Now, then flamingo. Play nice. Envy isn't very becoming on a seven foot tall Viking Libertarian.

7:40 PM, January 06, 2006  
Blogger FLAMINGO1 said...

Erin makes a valid point. I should just show up and pillage.

12:12 AM, January 07, 2006  
Blogger Erin O'Brien said...

Now that's much better. Don't you feel better, muffin?

9:52 AM, January 07, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We got a pool and a pond. The pond would be good for you.

10:02 AM, January 09, 2006  
Blogger FLAMINGO1 said...

I do feel better. It just seems so much more natural to pillage than to kick in the nuts.

I might take a dip in the pool when I am finished.

Because I am trying to keep up with the Garretts, I went out a bought a new dishwasher yesterday - WOOT!

10:22 AM, January 09, 2006  
Blogger FLAMINGO1 said...

It struck me last night that anonymous' quote was from Caddyshack. The reason it struck me is that I happened to be watching Caddyshack and Ty said almost exactly what anonymous had written. It was as if the heavens opened.

4:28 PM, January 10, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home