THIS BLOG IS MY BLOG. THIS BLOG IS MY BLOG. Welcome to the Home of Hyperopia.: On My Eraser - Part 1

Tuesday, April 25, 2006

On My Eraser - Part 1

Because I make a lot of mistakes in my day to day work, I like to use pencils when I mark up documents that I am reviewing. Using pencils lets me use erasers. To undo my many errors.



The Sanford Magic Rub eraser (pictured above, click to enlarge (oo-la-la)) is the mack daddy of pencil erasers. Buy one here. You will not be disappointed. And if you use it often you might even get to experience the phenomenon I experienced recently here at the new job . . . .

I was given two pristine, new Sanford Magic Rub erasers when I arrived for work my first day. I had specially requested them. Having good erasers was a condition to my willingness to accept the employment. Well, actually that's not true. Not at all. But doesn't it make me sound tough? And cool? Seriously.

But, to my considerable dismay, both erasers were sort of dry and crumbly. During use, I felt like I was going snap it in two. This was not what I was expecting. But I perservered. And, ironically, my brain did not even try to find a solution. My motor skills simply adapted my erasing technique so as not to harm the eraser. I decided to live with it.

Well, fear not, friends. The crisis has been averted. Normal erasing technique is once again acceptable. Yes, tonight I noticed, for the first time, that both of my erasers have, perhaps through use, perhaps through the gift of the virtually ever-present humidity of sunny Houston, Texas, perhaps they were never actually dry and crumbly and I was mistaken to have that impression. Whatever. It matters not. Both erasers are now moist to the touch. Rubbery to employ. And spectacularly effective to remove penciled mistakes.



Isn't life sometimes just a sugar cube???

Dig it.


Photo Credits: here (erasers)
and
here (cool painting of sugar cubes)

4 Comments:

Blogger PDD said...

The velvet has a point.

You hardly seem like one who makes mistakes. I am quite shocked that not only have you mentioned you make many mistakes, you make many errors.

Also, are you this easily amused by erasers? Or do you honestly like sugar cubes that much?

What will your alphebetized socks think you?

Damn! it must be hard being married to you.

But you are one of my favorites!

Kisses

PDD

12:42 AM, April 25, 2006  
Blogger PDD said...

You get a FREE reading too! (If you want)

10:30 AM, April 25, 2006  
Blogger crallspace said...

I used to chew on erasers.

Yo, I repsonded to our question in the photo post. that post is getting buried under others, and I was hoping you'd have a chance to read my repsonse. It took about 20 mins.

11:39 AM, April 25, 2006  
Blogger garrett said...

Dan - I saw your comments and enjoyed reading your thoughts. I posted a short response mostly just to make sure you could see I had read your response.

Thanks.

12:15 PM, April 25, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home