THIS BLOG IS MY BLOG. THIS BLOG IS MY BLOG. Welcome to the Home of Hyperopia.: On the Lighter Side - SCUBA STEVE

Friday, November 09, 2007

On the Lighter Side - SCUBA STEVE

A friend of mine at work was in a meeting a few months ago where one of the guys in the meeting had a seizure. Apparently it was very unsettling (pun sort of intended, but not in a malicious way by any means, I assure you) for all involved. The guy who had the seizure is now fine and was unharmed by the experience.

I don't know why it happened.

His name was Steve.



Well, because it's such an odd experience and because I'm a curious fellow, I frequently ask my friend about it. What did she do? What was it like? How did she know he was having a seizure? Did they notice that something seemed wrong with him before he went into the full-on thing? (etc.)

We were just talking about it tonight. And she said, "Well, the one thing I learned from Scuba Steve ..." And I interrupted her with a confused look: "Scuba Steve?"

"Oh yea," she says, "We call him 'Scuba Steve' because he went under."

Gosh, I couldn't help myself.

I thought that was hilarious.

4 Comments:

Blogger Velvet Fog said...

If someone is having a siezure, you should immediately place a cookie in his or her mouth. I believe oatmeal is the best kind.
My kids sometimes call me Scuba Steve. I think it is only becuase that is my name and not because of any other malicious intent, but who the hell knows. They coulda squirreled away that much.

12:58 PM, November 10, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You guys are ass holes.

12:59 PM, November 10, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's a formidable scent... It stings the nostrils. In a good way

3:34 PM, November 13, 2007  
Blogger The Ambiguous Blob said...

Years ago, I was at work when a co-worker - a big guy- dropped to the floor and went into a big seizure. We called 911 and in the end he was fine and got the rest of the day off. Its not something I ever want to experience for myself.

7:15 PM, November 18, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home