THIS BLOG IS MY BLOG. THIS BLOG IS MY BLOG. Welcome to the Home of Hyperopia.: The Swing's The Thing ...

Tuesday, November 15, 2005

The Swing's The Thing ...

THE SWING.

How do you like to go up in a swing?
Up in the air so blue?
Oh, I do think it the pleasantest thing
Ever a child can do!

Up in the air and over the wall,
Till I can see so wide,
Rivers and trees and cattle and all
Over the countryside.

Till I look down on the garden green,
Down on the roof so brown.
Up in the air I go flying again,
Up in the air and down!

- Robert Louis Stevenson


*******
This weekend my oldest daughter (who is about four years old) suddenly revealed to us that she can swing all by herself. We went out in the backyard in the late afternoon to play. She sat down on her cute little green plastic swing while we got the baby situated and generally settled in for some backyard relaxation. Then a few minutes later we looked over there at oldest daughter and she was pumping and pulling and pushing and swinging very high and very fast. She did it all by herself. She was so excited. Now all she wants to do is go outside and practice swinging.

It was exceedingly wonderful.

3 Comments:

Blogger Velvet Fog said...

I have a swing hanging from the ceiling in every room of my bungalow, yet I doubt they are the same type of swing. That is a good idea though to put one outside. I never thought of that.

8:11 AM, November 15, 2005  
Blogger garrett said...

This is a post about a child. You sick fellow. Be a little decent, please.

9:22 AM, November 15, 2005  
Blogger FLAMINGO1 said...

Both Game and Shlong need help.

This was a sweet story until you two losers had to make it dirty.

8:47 PM, November 15, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home