THIS BLOG IS MY BLOG. THIS BLOG IS MY BLOG. Welcome to the Home of Hyperopia.: On the Garments from Yesterdays - Part 1

Saturday, February 03, 2007

On the Garments from Yesterdays - Part 1

For those of you who were amused by the pink pants I wore fishing when I was 8 or 9, I'm pleased to be able to present to you this picture featuring a ten-year old me as ...

... the Rainbow Warrior.



Yes, your eyes do not deceive you. That is me - top right - wearing a rainbow shirt that my mother made for me. From a pattern for a girl's shirt. This is a girl's shirt. It has a flattering boatneck neckline that nicely emphasized my bronzed collarbone.

My mother was big on us having matching outfits that stood out. I am guessing part of the motivation was these zany clothes made us easier to find in a crowd, I guess. We had one other one set of outfits that was all checkered red tablecloth looking garments. It included both shirts and headbands.

One of my favorite things about this, thinking back, is that I actually really liked my rainbow shirt. I remember wanting to wear it often. But eventually I couldn't bring myself to wear it any more.

It was a girl's shirt.

2 Comments:

Blogger lee said...

Those shirts are simply scary :).

5:54 AM, February 05, 2007  
Blogger Tim Bastron said...

I think those shirts rock. You look like some great kids band.

What was your biggest hit?

1:26 PM, February 15, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home