THIS BLOG IS MY BLOG. THIS BLOG IS MY BLOG. Welcome to the Home of Hyperopia.: On Hobbies of Other People - Part 1

Wednesday, November 23, 2005

On Hobbies of Other People - Part 1


"Road Sign Photographer." That's what this guy is, so he says. That's a new one on me. But I approve. Especially since, on the pictures appended to his "Fields" roadtrip, I found the picture on the right. Speaking of country roads. That'st a picture of good old exit 182 off Interstate 80. Hey it's good to be back home again. Many's the time I can remember trying to make it to that exit in 40 minutes or less from downtown Des Moines. Didn't get one speeding ticket. Operative ancient (?) wisdom: Better to be Lucky than Good, sometimes.

10 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

Ahhh...Highway 146. I know it well. 40 minutes from downtown DM is a good time. It takes me about that from Windsor Heights, and I like to drive fast.

8:34 AM, November 23, 2005  
Blogger FLAMINGO1 said...

Where in the hell is Wyoming, Iowa.

I am a big city boy, myself. I growed up in CR!

I think I knew a girl from Wyoming Iowa once...but I can't remember her name.

11:34 AM, November 23, 2005  
Blogger FLAMINGO1 said...

Nice. That helped me start to remember the girl that I knew. She was hot. She went to Central College in Pella and I rode home with her as far as Iowa City once or twice. I still can't remember her name, but she was a doll.

She would have graduated from highschool in 1983 and she drove a beautiful red camaro. Any ideas???

2:39 PM, November 23, 2005  
Blogger FLAMINGO1 said...

Good work on the cell service. That way, if we ever figure out who the hot girl is, we can call her. Then she can reject me a second time.

3:00 PM, November 23, 2005  
Blogger Chris said...

Is Wyoming big enough for a Casey's? That seems to be the threshold for "big city" status around these parts.

It never ceases to amaze me how many trashy kids can be packed into the back seat of a rusted out 92 Chevy Lumina.

3:26 PM, November 23, 2005  
Blogger FLAMINGO1 said...

How many were there voluntarily? You know, not held captive in the bottom of a well being asked to put lotion on its skin?

4:01 PM, November 23, 2005  
Blogger FLAMINGO1 said...

I think her name was Laura.

Still can't recall the last name, however.

4:16 PM, November 23, 2005  
Blogger FLAMINGO1 said...

and I think she actually lived in Wheatland. Never mind.

Crap, I have become PDD.

5:44 PM, November 23, 2005  
Blogger PDD said...

Oh my, Pinky, you're turning me on...

11:56 AM, November 24, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How about naked juggler chicks?

3:55 PM, November 28, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home