THIS BLOG IS MY BLOG. THIS BLOG IS MY BLOG. Welcome to the Home of Hyperopia.: Poker Chip Riffling - Update #2

Tuesday, November 01, 2005

Poker Chip Riffling - Update #2


A friend of mine achieved something miraculous at a recent home game (OK, it was really two somethings). He successfully combined two stacks of 11 poker chips ("riffling"). And then he did 12. It was extremely impressive. I am way behind that. I've improved to where I can riffle two stacks of 8 fairly regularly, and one time I managed to accurately riffle two stacks of 9 enough times to mix them up and completely separate them.

It was very exciting.

I can also report that a neighbor here at the office (I do my chip riffling in the office. During conference calls.) fumes at the noise. Apparently the sound of that clicking carries pretty good off my wood desk. She sends me emails with subject headings like "STOP THAT" and "CLOSE YOUR DOOR." She leaves the body of the email blank.

She's economic with her commands.

6 Comments:

Blogger Velvet Fog said...

I love it when women tell me what to do.

10:57 AM, November 01, 2005  
Blogger Chris said...

Riffling is about the only thing that gets me though conference calls.

I've managed 2 stacks of 10 before, but it was with my favorite chips on my desk. I find riffling more difficult with particular kinds of chips.

1:26 PM, November 01, 2005  
Blogger FLAMINGO1 said...

Riffling and blogging...you do about as much work at work as I do.

3:29 PM, November 01, 2005  
Blogger garrett said...

I billed 260 hours this month on top of all my hobbies. I think I slept materially less than that!

7:46 PM, November 01, 2005  
Blogger FLAMINGO1 said...

Way to stimulate the economy!!

You work too hard. Go get a nice cushy in-house job and take it easy for a while.

9:38 PM, November 01, 2005  
Blogger Chris said...

I want a nice cushy in-house job. Where do you get those?

9:46 PM, November 01, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home