THIS BLOG IS MY BLOG. THIS BLOG IS MY BLOG. Welcome to the Home of Hyperopia.: It Wasn't a Fly In My Soup ...

Wednesday, November 30, 2005

It Wasn't a Fly In My Soup ...


. . . but this might actually be even worse. And I shouldn't bother you kind folks about it, but I need to. I am having some difficulty moving past the event. And maybe sharing will help.

Yesterday, my assistant brought me a grilled chicken sandwich yesterday from a mesquite grill restaurant near our offices. The sandwich included lettuce, tomatoes, and mayonnaise. I didn't want the lettuce, tomotoes, or mayonnaise. (This particular sandwich I like with only about 40 dill pickle slices. No condiments.)

So I opened the sandwich and started to scrape off the mayo and pick off the lettuce and the tomatoes. When I lifted up the first layer of lettuce, I saw that the restaurant had also included a dead mosquito (see picture) in my sandwich. At first glance, I was fairly repulsed. But I was pretty hungry. So I just tried to put it out of my mind. I finished throwing away the lettuce and the tomatoes, and I finished scraping off the mayonnaise. Then I ate the sandwich. Well, most of it, anyway. When I was about 80% done eating it I lost control of my brain. I could no longer repress the memory of having seen a dead mosquito in the food I was eating. So I couldn't finish the sandwich. And I couldn't eat the fries either. Then I started to feel a little sick to my stomach. I still do feel a bit queasy, just typing these words.

It wasn't a fly in my soup, it was a mosquito in my sandwich.

Yuck.

...

6 Comments:

Blogger FLAMINGO1 said...

C'mon Garrett, stop being a sissy. That little mosquito didn't even look like it was half filled with someone else's blood.

10:40 AM, November 30, 2005  
Blogger PDD said...

... blood contaminated with the HIV virus...

11:09 AM, November 30, 2005  
Blogger garrett said...

To PDD's point, I am just glad that I didn't want the lettuce. Otherwise I would've chomped it right up, I suspect.

11:14 AM, November 30, 2005  
Blogger PDD said...

There would be more than just the mosquito in the lettuce. Perhaps a little clean green bug that was powerful enough to counteract the contaminated blood, which brings you to the same place as you are right now.

12:54 PM, November 30, 2005  
Blogger Velvet Fog said...

I eat the p**y I eat the a** hole,
I eat every mother f**king thing.

1:52 PM, November 30, 2005  
Blogger Erin O'Brien said...

garret, now listen up. You needed to take the picture of the bug while it was still ON the sandwich, embedded in mayo. Get it right next time.

1:58 PM, November 30, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home