THIS BLOG IS MY BLOG. THIS BLOG IS MY BLOG. Welcome to the Home of Hyperopia.: Land's End Update - Part 3

Saturday, December 10, 2005

Land's End Update - Part 3


See the introduction and the update for the history.

This Part 3 update is that, an alarming four-plus months after the good folks at Land's End agreed to reimburse me for the costs of repairing the holes in the slacks I had purchased from them, I finally got to a tailor.

I first went to the tailor in my building (in downtown Houston). Those folks said they could fix the $60/pair pants for $32 per pair. Even though Land's End had agreed to pay the freight, I couldn't in good conscience incur such outrageous charges even for Land's End's account. The downtown tailor's quote offended my parsimonious sensibilities. So I found another place in an ugly strip center out in Stafford (TX). The lady there fixed four pairs of pants for $27.10. Total. Convenience has a price. She also only gave me one hangar with all four of my pairs of pants draped on it. Price has a consequence.

Anyway, so now I still need to call Land's End, give them the news and see what happens.

But I knew my fan(s) needed to be informed of this development in real time.

Cheers!

5 Comments:

Blogger FLAMINGO1 said...

Oh, it will be nice when you finally start wearing pants again.

2:41 PM, December 10, 2005  
Blogger garrett said...

That's highly amusing. And it's probably funnier than the truth: I continued to wear the pants with the holes in the sides these many months. I was only finally motivated to get to the tailor when I saw a client noticing the hole in the tan pants. I think my undershirt was poking out a little.

After that, I thought that since I intend to continue charging these folks hundreds of dollars per billable hour, I should probably wear clothes that weren't torn.

7:22 PM, December 10, 2005  
Blogger FLAMINGO1 said...

Garrett, you know I love you and I have been masturbating to your blog.

11:25 PM, December 10, 2005  
Blogger Erin O'Brien said...

garrett, garrett, garrett.

flamingo, flamingo, flamingo.

Little wonder why I consider you two to be my favorite bloggers. There is never a lull in the action. Homoerotic sex with Leonard Nimoy. Holes in pants. Linguistic and editorial admonitions. Online masturbation.

Beautiful, gentlemen. Just effing beautiful.

3:02 AM, December 11, 2005  
Blogger Velvet Fog said...

You client probably thought it was a personal Glory Hole.

You should have asked if they wanted some of that action.

9:18 AM, December 12, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home