THIS BLOG IS MY BLOG. THIS BLOG IS MY BLOG. Welcome to the Home of Hyperopia.: On Fables Revisited - Part 1

Friday, May 05, 2006

On Fables Revisited - Part 1

I read a book recently. I'll be writing about that sometime in the future. It was a wonderful book. It affected me. But it took me awhile to finish it. And it got me thinking.

Each of the following statements is true.

And how can that be?

How does that make any sense?
  • When reading silently to myself, I can read much faster than I can read when I'm reading out loud.
  • It takes me longer to read a book (in real hours' time) than it does to listen to the same book -- even the unabridged version -- as an audiobook.




So Aesop was right. Prescient. Something. Apparently my brain's inability to stay focused on pushing my eyes across words and through page after page loses to the diligent plodding of the recorded reader's voice.

I am the hare.

I eight the sandbox.

Photo Credits: hare

6 Comments:

Blogger PDD said...

The top of this post is not showing so therefore I can't read it.

I don't know if you are aware, but I offered you a free tarot card reading which I post on my site or email in private. Since you didn't respond, I take it your not very interested. However, should you be interested in receiving one of my glamorous tarot readings, you can for a fee. My rates will be posted soon and it wont be expensive. I will also be setting up paypal there too.

Oh wont you please join my glamorous cult?

2:40 PM, May 04, 2006  
Blogger garrett said...

PDD, please forgive me. I missed your post about my proferred free tarot card reading. I am parsimonious to a fault, so I would be glad to join your cult for free, but not for money.

Please advise regarding my future at your convenience and at your discretion.

3:17 PM, May 04, 2006  
Blogger PDD said...

Okay, your back on the free wagon.

I advise you to pull up your socks where reading my comments are concerned.

:0

7:57 PM, May 04, 2006  
Blogger PDD said...

Pull up your "P" & "D" socks.

7:57 PM, May 04, 2006  
Blogger PDD said...

If you recognize a word very well, even in it's misspelling you could still read it at the same pace/rate you would in it's correct spelling. There's more to this and it was very interesting when I found it in the inbox of my email. It was some kind of study. But it's been a while since I read it and it's no longer in my inbox.

Sorry to disturb.

I assure you there was more to it than just that.

8:03 PM, May 04, 2006  
Blogger PDD said...

Thanks for the clarifications Velvet. Were you typing that with your mouth full of banana??

Love that fog! Dude, (Garrett I am refering to the fog) you need to set up a blog with writing and shit.

11:45 AM, May 05, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home