THIS BLOG IS MY BLOG. THIS BLOG IS MY BLOG. Welcome to the Home of Hyperopia.: On Truth in Advertising - Part 1

Wednesday, June 28, 2006

On Truth in Advertising - Part 1

Following up on our signage tour through the Erewhon suburban sprawl (which I cherish, of course), let's take a moment to enjoy the picture below. But don't linger (unless you're willing to pay) -- the meter is ticking.





Now this is a business that knows how to state -- clearly and definitively -- what it is selling.

And they've got their phone number right there on their sign.

Easy shopping. Easy living.

Pleasure at your fingertips.

I wonder if the price is right?

5 Comments:

Blogger PDD said...

I am reminded of a time one of my husbands employees asked the name of one of the women at head office because she was going to send her a letter along with her resume for any potential job openings at head office. And because the womans last name sounds very similar to whore she repeated "hore... how do you spell it?" My husband, being the smart ass that he can be sometimes said, "W.H.O.R.E". The woman at head office received a letter from my husbands employee and it was addressed "Mrs. Whore. Dear Mrs. Whore".

HA!

Good post!

3:18 PM, June 28, 2006  
Blogger Velvet Fog said...

I'm on my way there right now!
I'll let you know if the price is right. Generally I don't like to pay, but oohhh I love me some asians.

3:28 PM, June 28, 2006  
Blogger Erin O'Brien said...

Do you know if they are taking applications? I have just learned from PDD's blog that I have to have sex in order to advance myself, which is difficult for me as I am self-employed (I do not believe masturbation will work either)

4:39 PM, June 28, 2006  
Blogger Chris said...

I saw this "Chinese Ho" establishment this evening in West Chicago, IL.

Odd.

11:37 PM, July 02, 2006  
Blogger garrett said...

Like a moth to the flame, eh buddy?

12:48 PM, July 03, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home